THE JIFFY MOBILE NOTARY STORY
Valerie, founder, owner and manager of Jiffy Mobile Notary and her husband, Keith, who volunteers occasionally to help in the business, both moved to Bend to enjoy the lifestyle that all Central Oregon has to offer. Valerie graduated from Gonzaga University in 2012 after working for architects and engineers for over 25 years. She holds a master’s in communication and leadership studies from Gonzaga. Her undergraduate work at Portland State University revolved around housing and economic development with an emphasis on real estate development, finance, and GIS.
Valerie worked as a caregiver for seven years while attending college. She has a great deal of experience working with the elderly and people with disabilities whereas Keith is a numbers cruncher and a runner. Keith runs packages to FedEx, UPS, and USPS. Valerie is a long-standing member of the National Notary Association (NNA) and a former member of the National Association of Productivity and Organization (NAPO).
Keith holds an MBA, is a retired electrical engineer and worked part-time for H&R Block as a seasonal tax preparer. He now volunteers as a tax preparer for AARP. Keith and Valerie are both members of the Trinity Episcopal Church. Valerie was recently elected to the Trinity Episcopal Church Vestry for a three-year term.
MORE ABOUT VALERIE
My name is Valerie Pharr, and I am the proud owner and manager of Jiffy Mobile Notary. I love my job and because I work by appointment only, I can do it anywhere, at any time. I have over 35 years of experience working with lengthy, technical documents, providing relentless attention to detail and skillful organization. I earned a master’s degree in communication and leadership studies. Since starting Jiffy Mobile Notary in 2016, I have completed thousands of notaries and over 3,000 loan closings, but who’s counting? What I do best is create a win-win signing experience that clients love. When I make that rare mistake, I fix it and I fix it fast.
To be sure, I pride myself on handling the day-to-day aspects of the business. Being a proficient notary means more than knowing where to sign and date. As a lifelong student, I keep on top of industry trends and am continuously learning. My husband, Keith, is a volunteer and seasonal licensed tax preparer. He helps me with the numbers and makes daily runs to drop off packages for same-day pickup.
Living in the Pacific Northwest all my life has given me a deep appreciation of place. I grew up in the greater Seattle area with a passion for design and the built environment and worked for over 25 years for architects, engineers, and planners in Seattle and Tacoma, Washington and Portland, Oregon. I moved to Bend in 2014, where I became what I was meant to be: an entrepreneur.
I work by appointment only and am proud to bring my rigorous organization, excellent customer service, and relentless attention to detail to clients throughout Central Oregon.
When I’m not helping my clients, I enjoy traveling, camping, hiking, RVing, cooking, reading, lifelong learning, and volunteering for causes I believe in. For example, I revitalized the Southern Crossing Neighborhood Association (SCNA) from 2017 to 2019, and during that time, I was appointed by Mayor Roats to the Neighborhood Leadership Alliance. In 2022, I was elected to the vestry of Trinity Episcopal Church.
- National Notary Association, recertify every year for Notary Essentials, 2016 to present
- National Notary Association, recertify every year as a Loan Signing Agent, 2017 to present
- Loan Signing Systems (LLS) Certified, 2021
- Lawrence Institute for Notaries, Apostille Agent Certified (for international bound authentications), 2022
- Amrock and the Closing Exchange, Remote Online Notarization (RON) Certified
- Amrock and the Closing Exchange, IPEN Certified
- Escrow Tab-enabled Certified (in person paperless signing)
- Amrock and the Closing Exchange, Pavasso Certified
- Fidelity-approved (sponsored by 3 companies)
- Notaroo aka Notarol and The Closing Exchange, Reverse Mortgage extensive training through a variety of classes, resources, and hands-on field work!
- Technology Specialist (3 laser printers, 1 color printer, 2 portable printers, 3 scanners, 3 laptops, and technologically savvy)
- Trust Delivery Agent (estate planning documents), extensive training through a variety of classes, resources, and hands-on field work!
I look forward to working with you and creating a WIN-WIN memorable signing experience for you or your clients. Call now for a free consultation 458-206-9792.